Our Commis Chef is the stars of our hotel! Entrusted with creating bespoke and delectablefood at the highest standards which reflect Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester’s 3-Michelin stars. Though skillfully trained, they never lose sight of their ultimate reasonability, to create lifelong memories for our guests.
A day in the life of our Commis Chef demands high levels of energy. They need consistency even though the days are never alike; and creativity to tackle daily adventures. Listing all of the contributions that our Commis Chef accomplish would be lengthy but the list below is essential to know.
- Our Commis Chef are responsible for assisting in day-to-day production on the pastry section to ensure the smooth running of their section and to cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirement their day. This will include following all recipes and methods from the Executive Chef and Senior team, having basic knowledge on classic patisserie and refinement of pastry skills, ensuring that daily food preparations meet outlined recipes, including portion size, quantity and quality all to ensure our guests receives nothing but the best experience.
- Sometimes our guests have special requests involving dietary requirements, food allergies and even special occasions. Most of these requests are fulfilled by our Commis Chef.
- Our values of Personality, Passion, Respect, Working Together and Creativity guide us each and every day. The purpose of Commis Chef is to live their behaviours to continue to create our legacy.
- Communication is what keeps our departments running perfectly. Our Commis Chef must communicate with other departments and extended hotel team in order to ensure the alignment remains.
- All of our employees are ambassadors of our Vision, Values and culture. Our Commis Chef do this with all they do.
- We encourage the unique personalities and passions of our employees, working together; as a team, a hotel and Collection.
- Our guests forge our legacy. Knowing and understanding them is our goal, valuing kindness over process.
- In a fast-moving world, we remain consistent and relevant, requiring flexibility from everyone on the team.
- English is the primary language used in our hotel. Our Commis Chef must feel comfortable communicating in this language.
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
- Other benefits
Our success is a result of our employees. We believe that everyone part of our team should share the rewards. For this position, here are just some of the benefits you will receive:
- Employee Introductory Scheme - £750.00
- World-class training and development
- Uniforms provided or complimentary dry-cleaning
- Online employee platform with amazing discounts across hundreds of brands