Our Security partners are acclaimed champions of our hotel! Entrusted with protection of the Company’s property from loss or damage as well as providing a safe and secure environment. Though skillfully trained, they never lose sight of their ultimate reasonability, to create lifelong memories for our guests.
A day in the life of our Deputy Director of Security demands high levels of energy. They need consistency even though the days are never alike; and creativity to tackle daily adventures. Listing all of the contributions that our Deputy Director of Security accomplish would be lengthy but the list below is essential to know.
- Our Deputy Director of Security is responsible for FLHSS (Fire, Life, Health, Safety, and Security) of the hotel adhering to our set company rules and regulation standards. This includes review on protective and preventative security measures that ensures our guests receives nothing but the best experience.
- To develop and implement directions from the Area Director of Security through the design of standard operating procedures, systems and processes.
- Oversees all loss prevention operations to include emergency response, investigations (initial & follow up) for all guest and employee related incidents, shipping and receiving process (makes recommendations for improvement), electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
- To be responsible for providing direction, supervision and management in relation to the duties, deployment, performance, training and operational & occupational competence of the security team; to protect the Dorchester London and to achieve the highest attainable standards of security and customer service.
- Our values of Personality, Passion, Respect, Working Together and Creativity guide us each and every day. The purpose of our Area Security compliance coordinator is to live their behaviors to continue to create our legacy.
- Communication is what keeps our departments running perfectly. He or She must communicate with other departments and extended hotel team in order to ensure the alignment remains.
The items shared are essential. However, to ensure consistency, our Deputy Director of Security are provided with specifics on how we care for their department and our hotel.
- All of our employees are ambassadors of our Vision, Values and culture. Our Area compliance coordinator do this with all they do.
- We encourage the unique personalities and passions of our employees, working together; as a team, a hotel and Collection.
- Our guests forge our legacy. Knowing and understanding them is our goal, valuing kindness over process.
- Formal qualification in security management or Formal recognition of occupational competence by a recognised security professional body (i.e. Security Institute, Association of Security Consultants or similar organisation).
- English is the primary language used in our hotel. Our Area Security Compliance Coordinator must feel comfortable communicating in this language.
*Please note: a points-based immigration system affecting the eligibility to apply to work in theUK has been introduced from 1 January 2021, and this role does/does not provide visa sponsorship. Based on this new system:
- Applicants with Irish citizenship, an indefinite leave to enter the UK or an indefinite leave to remain in the UK are eligible to apply to work in the UK.
- EU, EEA or Swiss citizens who already lived in the UK by 31 December 2020 need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme by 30 June 2021 and obtain a settled or pre-settle
- All other nationalities that require a visa to be eligible to work in the UK will continue. Please refer towork in the UK will continue. Please refer to the official government website for further informat
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
- Other benefits
Our success is a result of our employees. We believe that everyone part of our team should share the rewards. For this position, here are just some of the benefits you will receive:
- The successful Deputy Director of Security will be able to participate in a variety of social events and Corporate Social Responsibility activities throughout the year.
- Very generous Employee Introductory Scheme offered.
- World-class training and development.
- Complimentary nights with breakfast within Dorchester Collection.
- 50% F&B discount at selected restaurants within Dorchester Collection.
- Fantastic pension scheme.
- Uniforms provided or complimentary dry-cleaning.