Our Personal Assistant to the Regional Director UK & General Manager of the Dorchester plays a vital role in the day to day success of our hotel, supporting the General Manager and the hotel with everything they do. Though skillfully trained, they never lose sight of their ultimate reasonability, to create lifelong memories for our guests.
A day in the life of our Personal Assistant to the General Manager demands high levels of energy, focus and flexibility. Discretion and integrity are absolutely essential to your success in this role.
- The main point of liaison for the General Manager during their day this role is diverse in scope and has multiple key requirements. This will include planning ahead, coordinating diaries with Head Office and the Executive Committee team as well as day to day administrative tasks and liaising with guests.
- You will be required to assist our guests with requests involving room preferences, restaurant/destination recommendations and special occasions. You will also liaise with the other Hotels within the company or elsewhere from time to time on various matters.
- Occasional meeting and greeting, entertaining and corresponding with guests & local business colleagues.
- Representing the General Manager in the Mayfair & St. James business community.
- Creating and maintaining excellent relationships with key neighbours within the community.
- Communicating with other departments and the extended hotel team in order to ensure alignment.
- The successful candidate will be involved in many different facets of the Hotel operation during their day, and will be a valuable contributor to our events, projects and support of the guests.
- In collaboration with the General Manager you will be expected to look for opportunities to improve the experience for guests and employees.
- Understanding the General Managers role and objectives, you will be expected to anticipate needs and proactively take steps and make recommendations in the interest of the smooth operation of the Executive Office.
- An exacting eye for detail and meticulous approach to written communication is essential.
- Promoting the General Managers open-door style of leadership will be important while simultaneously avoiding over an commitment to unnecessary meetings.
- All of our employees are ambassadors of our Vision, Values and culture. Our Personal Assistant to the General Manager do this with all they do.
- We encourage the unique personalities and passions of our employees, working together; as a team, a hotel and Collection.
- Our guests forge our legacy. Knowing and understanding them is our goal, valuing kindness over process.
- In a fast-moving world, we remain consistent and relevant, requiring flexibility from everyone on the team.
- English is the primary language used in our hotel. Our Personal Assistant to the Hotel Manager must feel comfortable communicating in this language.
- Previous experience working as a personal assistant will be essential for success in this role.
- Experience working in luxury or hospitality sectors is beneficial but not essential.
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
- Other Benefits
Our success is a result of our employees. We believe that everyone part of our team should share the rewards. For this position, here are just some of the benefits you will receive:
- Competitive salary and employee bonus scheme
- Complimentary stays in our hotels, subject to availability with breakfast included
- World-class training and development
- 50% F&B discount at selected restaurants within Dorchester Collection
- Complimentary laundry service
- Access to our online benefits and discounts platform
- Recognition schemes including our employee of the month programme
- Social events throughout the year, including our summer boat party and winter ball
- Complimentary meal whilst on shift at our staff restaurant
The Dorchester Hotel
Dorchester Collection's iconic British hotel, The Dorchester is situated at the heart of London’s Mayfair on Park Lane. The hotel offers guests a selection of 250 recently refurbished suites and rooms, many affording expansive views of Hyde Park. Exuding 1930s Art Deco glamour combined with a contemporary edge, The Dorchester Spa is one of London’s most exclusive pampering destinations. Some of London’s top dining is available to guests at The Dorchester including, three Michelin star Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester serving contemporary French cuisine; China Tang serving authentic Cantonese dishes; and exceptional modern British dining at The Grill at The Dorchester. Award-winning Afternoon Tea is served in The Promenade whilst The Bar at The Dorchester invites guests to enjoy the classic cocktail hour.
Other suggested jobs
- Security Operations ManagerMayfair, London, United Kingdom
- Head Banqueting ChefMayfair, London, United Kingdom
- Dry Cleaner/PresserMayfair, London, United Kingdom
- In Room Dining Night WaiterMayfair, London, United Kingdom
- In Room Dining WaiterMayfair, London, United Kingdom