- The ideal Sommelier will have a passion for providing bespoke, professional and outstanding guest service at all times & under pressure while displaying excellence in personal grooming & presentation
- During service you are responsible for running a station, greeting guests, explain the drinks offering and taking drinks orders, all while you are building relationships with guests and find out their likes and dislikes
- You must also ensure the pre/post service tasks have been successfully completed to the highest standards and the mis-en-place is prepared for the next service period
- As you will be working in a sublime location, with high expectations from your guest, you must always show good product knowledge and genuine communication abilities.
- You must be confident with your wine knowledge as you will be responsible for the wine service in your section, together with the Chef de Rang
- Previous experience in a luxury 5* environment or similar restaurant is essential
- Passion for giving the ultimate guest experience is key to be successful in this role
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- F&B service, Sommelier
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The Dorchester Hotel
Dorchester Collection's iconic British hotel, The Dorchester is situated at the heart of London’s Mayfair on Park Lane. The hotel offers guests a selection of 250 recently refurbished suites and rooms, many affording expansive views of Hyde Park. Exuding 1930s Art Deco glamour combined with a contemporary edge, The Dorchester Spa is one of London’s most exclusive pampering destinations. Some of London’s top dining is available to guests at The Dorchester including, three Michelin star Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester serving contemporary French cuisine; China Tang serving authentic Cantonese dishes; and exceptional modern British dining at The Grill at The Dorchester. Award-winning Afternoon Tea is served in The Promenade whilst The Bar at The Dorchester invites guests to enjoy the classic cocktail hour.