Our Sous Chef is the star of our hotel! Entrusted with creating bespoke and delectable food which will reflect Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester’s 3-Michelin stars. Though skillfully trained, they never lose sight of their ultimate reasonability, to create lifelong memories for our guests.
A day in the life of our Sous Chef demands high levels of energy. They need consistency even though the days are never alike; and creativity to tackle daily adventures. Listing all of the contributions that our Sous Chef accomplishes would be lengthy but the list below is essential to know.
- Our Sous Chef is responsible for assisting in day-to-day production according to business requirement that day, and ensuring the operation runs effectively with minimal supervision, all to ensure that daily food preparations meet outlined recipes, including portion size, quantity and quality all to ensure our guests receives nothing but the best experience.
- Sometimes our guests have special requests involving dietary requirements, food allergies and even special occasions. Most of these requests are fulfilled by our Sous Chef, who supervises and leads the team.
- Our values of Personality, Passion, Respect, Working Together and Creativity guide us each and every day. The purpose of Sous Chef is to live their behaviours to continue to create our legacy.
- Communication is what keeps our departments running perfectly. Our Sous Chef must communicate with other departments and extended hotel team in order to ensure the alignment remains.
All of our employees are ambassadors of our Vision, Values and culture. Our Sous Chef do this with all they do.
- We encourage the unique personalities and passions of our employees, working together; as a team, a hotel and Collection.
- Our guests forge our legacy. Knowing and understanding them is our goal, valuing kindness over process.
- In a fast-moving world, we remain consistent and relevant, requiring flexibility from everyone on the team.
- English is the primary language used in our hotel. Our Sous Chef must feel comfortable communicating in this language.
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
- Other benefits
Our success is a result of our employees. We believe that everyone part of our team should share the rewards. For this position, here are just some of the benefits you will receive:
- Employee Introductory Scheme - £750.00
- World-class training and development
- Online employee platform with access to hundreds of discounts on hundreds of brands
- Uniforms provided or complimentary dry-cleaning