At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
Pastry Lead Cook requires good communication and culinary skills. The desired cook candidate will have hotel cooking experience and a culinary degree. A Pastry Lead Cook should have a professional knowledge of cooking ingredients and procedures. This person will have basic understanding of a pastry/baking operation within the hotel. Practice the importance of producing a consistent, quality product that meets and exceeds the guests'' needs in a timely manner.
The Pastry Lead Cook will also have basic skills in department training and is capable of assuming department responsibilities in the absence of the Pastry Supervisor.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer in cook jobs: Whether it''s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
We Offer A Variety Of Benefits:
- Career Growth and Advancement Opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Insurance
- $1,000/yr for Educational Assistance
- Discounted Downtown Parking Options & Heavily Reduced Bus Passes
- Discounted Room Nights
- Free Meals in the Staff Cafeteria
- Sick & Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Free Uniforms
- Flexible Schedules
- Refined verbal communication skills.
- 2 years of previous pastry experience preferred.
- Culinary degree or related hotel experience is preferred.
- Candidate should be able to perform all basic cooking skills.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work flexible and open schedule including early mornings, afternoons, late nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Job type
- Downtown, Austin, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible