The Driskill Hotel opened its doors in 1886 as one of the most luxurious Texas hotels in its day. Since its opening the hotel has been an integral part of the fabric in the city of Austin. The Driskill joined the Hyatt family of hotels in 2013, and has become a benchmark for the new Unbound Collection by Hyatt.
The Sales Manager is a fully competent individual who has experience in the sales process and function of a hotel. Responsibilities include selling guest rooms, meeting space and other Hyatt services to groups, managing accounts, and conducting site inspections. This individual also solicits and generates business for the hotel.
Duties include but are not limited to: preparing and presenting effective proposals, maintaining well organized documentation and reports, utilizes Hyatt systems and coordinating customer service requirements as appropriate.
The Sales Manager will participate and may lead event meetings, sales and other staff meetings. The Sales Manager works with the event sales and events planning staff and their Administrative Assistant to ensure a smooth program for their clients.
Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren''t just met-they''re exceeded. It''s a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It''s a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
- Is a self-motivated individual and would find success in growing our market share and keeping The Driskill as a coveted meeting hotel in Austin
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 2-3 years Sales Administration or 1-2 years Sales Management experience required
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- Prefer completion of a Hyatt Corporate Management Training Program or equivalent training
- Prefer selling, negotiating, business writing and presentation skills training
- Job type
- Downtown, Austin, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration