What will I be doing?
A Baker is responsible for preparing/producing/baking breads, rolls, breakfast pastries and desserts according to standard recopies, in order to contribute the overall guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Prepares/produces/bakes all breakfast pastries, breads, rolls and some desserts for restaurants and banquets.
- Keeps adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures the proper storage and refrigeration of same.
- Keeps spoilage/waste to a minimum by ordering and utilizing proper quantities and rotating products. Develop new products for a la carte and catering menus on a rotating basis.
- Lines up baked products in mobile carts according to the needs of the particular outlet/function.
- Set daily pars on all products to ensure freshness.
- Utilize any and all leftovers into usable products.
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent required. Culinary or pastry apprenticeship preferred.
- Two years baking or pastry experience in a professional kitchen required.
- Fine dining experience preferred
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Bakery certificate or apprenticeship helpful.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Skilled baker
- Knife handling, pastry & baked goods knowledge
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Downtown, Portland, OR, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible