- Prepare food items in accordance with specifications and recipes or guests'' requests. Ensure that all food items are fresh by inspecting and tasting for correct seasoning.
- Control working environment for the entire food station assigned. Must comply with local and company health regulations. Must demonstrate and teach correct food handling and storage techniques and train all staff involved. Ensures that all cooks are cross-trained in all stations, have proper products to meet operational needs and supervise in Chef''s absence.
- Plan menu products to meet operational needs and timeliness of production. Assist with specification and recipe development. Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items for production in the workstation. Reads and employs math skills to appropriately prepare items according to recipes.
- Requires stamina for standing and strength for lifting and moving products.
- Practice teamwork and clean as you go policies.
- Maintain correct equipment storage and calls in all maintenance issues. Monitor wholesomeness of food, especially high cost meat and fish items.
- Take breaks and assign staff to take breaks according to break schedules.
What are we looking for?
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment; i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to read and write the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Ability to stand and work continuously in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges
- Advanced knowledge of all phases of cookery.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Operational knowledge of all kitchen equipment; i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamer, kettles, etc.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Downtown, Portland, OR, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration