Assistant Front Desk ManagerRepresenting The Fairmont Banff Springs through excellence in guest service. Responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the Front Desk team. Lead, teach, coach and inspire the supervisors and colleagues of the Front Desk while committed to helping the hotel become one of the world's finest heritage resorts.
Hotel Overview: For over 130 years, The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation. With 757 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, 78,000 square feet of expansive conference facilities, and one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career. This is a vibrant workplace with tremendous growth and mentorship opportunities; a place for colleagues who aspire to deliver amazing guest service, learn, grow and innovate.
The Rocky Mountain lifestyle doesn’t disappoint. Just a 1-hour drive from Calgary, Banff uniquely blends a community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It’s all at your doorstep; this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations. Our welcoming community is cultural, and dynamic.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Front Desk Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Ensure guest satisfaction levels and standards of quality of service in addition to actively developing and implementing new systems and standards
- Handle of guests comments and complaints, ensuring guests needs are met or exceeded,
- Participate in interviewing and recruitment of Front Office Reception Agents
- Ensure efficient training and development of personnel by means of detailed systems and procedures in the Front Office (training manuals, fact sheets, internal coding systems, etc.)
- Oversee and participate in guest relations and directs arrangements for VIP and special attention reservations
- Give effective support to staff for the work, which has to be done and assists in all matters pertaining to the Front Office
- Organize, coordinate and supervise training, conduct regular training sessions and communications meetings
- Responsible for development and performance management of all Front Office colleagues
- Coordinate and communicate of information pertinent to all other departments to ensure the highest level of guest service
- Knowledge in emergency procedures, general crisis situation procedures and keeping health and safety in the forefront
- Ensure that all controls are in place and are adhered to, ie. rates, market codes, etc.
- Responsible for coordinate with the Reservation Manager and the Guest Services Managers all preparations for incoming conventions, groups and tours as well as all pre-arrival including blocking of rooms, convention resumes, special requirements and departure activities
- Maintain and assist the Front Desk Manager on ongoing training and motivation programs
- Responsible for all details of employees administration, payroll forecasts, payroll administration on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Maintain and submit to the Front Desk Manager, approved staffing schedules on a weekly basis
- Responsible for personal cash float
- Ensure Fairmont policies and procedures are known, followed and enforced, promote the philosophy of empowerment within guidelines
- In all that we do create and be responsible for smart goals that help to achieve EOS, VOG, RevPAR, GOP yearly objectives
- All other duties assigned
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Hotel leadership role
- Computer literacy required: PROPERTY manager or another property management system, Excel, Word, Time and Attendance, Watson
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions at the same time
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven leadership skills which supports an environment of employee growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service
- A leader who will lead, teach, inspire our team to reach the next level of service
- Hospitality Diploma an asset.
VISA Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Banff, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible