Engaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at The Fairmont Banff Springs a truly memorable affair. Showcase your service and organization strengths as Banquet Houseperson, where your attention to detail, safety and quality will help “set the stage” for a successful group function.
Hotel Overview: For over 125 years, The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation. With 757 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, 78,000 square feet of expansive conference facilities, and one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career. This is a vibrant workplace with tremendous growth and mentorship opportunities; a place for colleagues who aspire to deliver amazing guest service, learn, grow and innovate.
The Rocky Mountain lifestyle doesn’t disappoint. Just a 1-hour drive from Calgary, Banff uniquely blends a community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It’s all at your doorstep; this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations. Our welcoming community is cultural, and dynamic.
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Maintain the cleanliness of banquet rooms, hallways, storage and service areas
- Lift and store tables, chairs and staging efficiently and safely
- Set-up, maintain and break down banquet meeting rooms
- Follow directions from banquet event orders for assigned banquet meetings
- Report needed repairs of unsafe equipment and or conditions
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous guest service experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License
- Updated Driver’s Abstract
Perks: Endless staff events, subsidized staff housing, daily duty meal in our staff cafeteria, employee travel program, food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf discounts, competitive extended benefit plans (medical, vision, dental), employee assistance program.
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Constant lifting and occasionally lifting up to 40lbs.
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Lifting - Over 20lbs 75 % of work time
- Carrying - Over 20lbs 75 % of work time
- Pulling - Over 20lbs 75 % of work time
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Banff, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible