Host / Hostess - Vermillion Room (Seasonal Spring/Summer 2018)
As a Host of the Vermillion Room you will act as our ambassador, ensuring the guest’s first point of contact sets their expectations for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of a dining experience in the Bar & Brasserie.
The Rocky Mountain lifestyle doesn’t disappoint. Just a 1-hour drive from Calgary, Banff uniquely blends a community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It’s all at your doorstep; this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations. Our welcoming community is cultural, and dynamic.
- Consistently offer a professional, friendly greeting and engaging service
- Complete Daily Operations (i.e. daily cleaning, dining room preparation, moving and arranging tables and chairs, reservation bookings, confirmations and cancellations, coordinating FOH and BOH with regards to services, guests, allergies, VIPs, etc.)
- Meet, greet and seat guests and coordinate with other colleagues and MOD regarding preferences, allergies and special occasions
- Maintaining an extensive knowledge of menu items, beverage offerings and restaurant operations
- Have full knowledge of all food menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Maintain quality and timeliness of service as per Fairmont Service Essentials and Leading Quality Assurance standards
- Proficiency in understanding and maintaining daily floor plans to suit forecasted guest and staffing levels
- Understanding and adhering to all hotel policies, procedure and standards including those related to Alberta Health and EcoSure
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years experience in a customer service environment required.
- Previous Open Table or similar reservation system experience an asset
- Valid Alberta Pro Serve certification required.
- Working knowledge of Food & beverage is an asset
Perks: Endless staff events, subsidized staff housing, daily duty meal in our staff cafeteria, employee travel program, food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf discounts, competitive extended benefit plans (medical, vision, dental), employee assistance program.
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending & stretching
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Environment includes variable temperatures, noisy & fast paced
- Job type
- Banff, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration