Hotel Grounds Supervisor
Working in the Hotel Grounds department, the grounds supervisor overseas the groundskeepers ensuring the maintenance of the property and that it is clean, safe, and exceeds our guests’ expectations. This individual will ensure the overall cleanliness of the entire resort property; focus on snow removal during the winter making certain the hotel property is safe. During the summer they will act as a support to the other grounds supervisors aiding with training, plant health, and will be involved in the various projects.
Hotel Overview: For over 125 years, The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation. With 757 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, 78,000 square feet of expansive conference facilities, and one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career. This is a vibrant workplace with tremendous growth and mentorship opportunities; a place for colleagues who aspire to deliver amazing guest service, learn, grow and innovate.
The Rocky Mountain lifestyle doesn’t disappoint. Just a 1-hour drive from Calgary, Banff uniquely blends a community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It’s all at your doorstep; this year-round, mountain culture offers work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations. Our welcoming community is cultural, and dynamic.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Hotel Grounds Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Ensure the hotel property is clean, safe, and free of rubbish at all times
- Daily planning, assigning, and follow up of colleague tasks
- Planning and execution of seasonal projects and programs including, but not limited to, ice/curling rinks and snow removal in winter
- Provide coverage for other hotel grounds supervisors and assist wherever required
- Training colleagues on all tools, equipment, and procedures
- Mentoring, coaching, and performance management of colleagues
- Enhance property through various projects
- Represent the department on various hotel committees
- Other tasks as assigned
- Previous experience is an asset
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Updated driver’s abstract (no serious infractions in past year)
- Minimum 1 year experience
- Ability to operate a standard transmission, chainsaw, skid steer, plow truck, 1 ton truck, and cube van
- Horticulture/Landscape Management graduate/Plant ID knowledge an asset
- Positive, outgoing attitude
- Trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Innovative and solution driven
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to multi-task
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Lifting & Carrying up to 70 lbs. up and down stairs
- Pushing & Pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Bending & Kneeling
- Repetitive tasks and movements
- Working in a variety of temperatures and conditions (snow, heat, rain)
- Working on ladders and dealing with tall heights while holding/lifting items
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Banff, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible