Resort Activities Coordinator
At the Fairmont, we are looking for a successful and enthusiastic Resort Activities Coordinator who will assist in bringing programming and events to life from conception through to completion. Your vision and leadership as Resort Activities Coordinator will ensure an engaged team, efficient operations – and service that exceed the expectations of every guest and client.
Hotel Overview: For over 130 years, The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation. With 757 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, 78,000 square feet of expansive conference facilities, and one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career. This is a vibrant workplace with tremendous growth and mentorship opportunities; a place for colleagues who aspire to deliver amazing guest service, learn, grow and innovate.
The Rocky Mountain lifestyle doesn’t disappoint. Just a 1-hour drive from Calgary, Banff uniquely blends a community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It’s all at your doorstep; this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations. Our welcoming community is cultural, and dynamic.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Creative Director, Resort Activities and Special Events, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Work closely with other departments in booking event space.
- Conducts walk-throughs and planning meetings with banquets, conference services and our staff/volunteers for upcoming events/programs as needed.
- Arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, collateral, and ensure appropriate branding to meet the quality expectations of the company.
- Communicate with all partners regarding event requirements and expectations.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on programming/event-related matters (including, but not limited to keynote speakers, guest entertainers, holiday enhancement vendors, groups, etc).
- Enthusiastically capture information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Communicate key achievements and event details.
- Monitor participation numbers, provide updates on program captures.
- Maintain open lines of communication with other Hotel departments, Town of Banff, Parks Canada, entertainment companies and other entities to ease the flow of ideas and information regarding resort activities offerings.
- On-boarding management of new colleagues, ensuring all systems and technology access are granted in a timely manner
- Coordinate appointments and scheduling of events on the calendar.
- Support Creative Director, Resort Activities Supervisor and key partners on all events.
- Act as on duty leader for Resort Activities as needed.
- Cover Resort Activities programming as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree / Diploma preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- At least 2 years’ experience in programming, entertainment or event planning.
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments at the same time and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Must be highly responsible, self-motivated, creative, energetic and organized.
- Strong team player.
- Phenomenal customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Strong knowledge of the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Perks: Endless staff events, subsidized staff housing, daily duty meal in our staff cafeteria, employee travel program, food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf discounts, competitive extended benefit plans (medical, vision, dental), employee assistance program.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist! ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Banff, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible