This new and exciting restaurant will be open for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as brunches on the weekends. The Culinary team will showcase traditional Brasserie Cuisine in an open concept kitchen environment. This is your opportunity to come work in a brand new Kitchen with an exciting team committed to preparing and serving the finest meals. The Sous Chef will lead, train, coach, motivate and empower all colleagues to ensure we all strive as a team to adhere to our goals and set standards within the department.
Hotel Overview: For over 125 years, The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation. With 757 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, 78,000 square feet of expansive conference facilities, and one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career. This is a vibrant workplace with tremendous growth and mentorship opportunities; a place for colleagues who aspire to deliver amazing guest service, learn, grow and innovate.
The Rocky Mountain lifestyle doesn’t disappoint. Just a 1-hour drive from Calgary, Banff uniquely blends a community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It’s all at your doorstep; this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations. Our welcoming community is cultural, and dynamic.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items according to hotel recipes and standards
- Conduct daily shift briefings to kitchen colleagues
- Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
- Liaise daily with Outlet Managers to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
- Maintain and enhance the food products through creative menu development and presentation
- Have full knowledge of all menu items
- Actively interact with guests at tables
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Ensure proper staffing and scheduling in accordance to productivity guidelines
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in the culinary field required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
- Diploma/Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Perks: Endless internal career opportunities, subsidized staff housing, daily duty meal in our staff cafeteria, employee travel program, food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf discounts, competitive extended benefit plans (medical, vision, dental) and employee assistance program.
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Banff, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible