Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Director, Finance and Business Support in ensuring that accounting staff understand and follow applicable policies and procedures outlined in the hotel Finance & Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Supervise, conduct and prepare month-end account reconciliations, account analysis and closing procedures.
- Prepare and post journal entries, ensuring efficient completion of all month-end functions.
- Maintain system of accounts and controls, providing accurate data necessary for all required accounting reports and statements.
- Verify the accuracy of all Income Audit transactions, banking and ensure daily revenue and rebate summary is reconciled.
- Co-ordinate and ensure that all daily management reports are issued on a timely and accurate basis.
- Administer financial component of concession leases, ensuring accurate monthly and annual reporting and reconciliation of all rents due to hotel operations and corporate office.
- Administer and maintain hotel agreements and rental/ tenant contracts
- Assist in the preparation of financial operating statements and reports in accordance with Finance and Accounting Policy and Procedure
- Assist in the creation of the Annual Operating Budget and Strategic Plan
- Assist in the creation of the Monthly Rolling Operating Forecast
- Assist in the effective utilization and integration of hotel and accounting technology systems, including software applications, current and future.
- Assist leadership team with ad hoc projects and requests.
- Professional designation or acceptable university degree with an appropriate specialization in Accounting or enrolled in a recognized accounting program with progression to 4th or 5th level.
- Previous hotel accounting experience at a supervisory/managerial level (Minimum 3 years preferred)
- Self-motivating and have a high degree of analytical ability and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organized matter
- Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to motivate employees
- Proven leadership skills
- Familiarity with GFS Sun System, Hyperion, Opera, Silverware, Birchstreet and Excel
Visa Requirements: Applicants must hold the proper work authorization to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise! www.lakelouisejobs.com
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Lake Louise, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists over 100 years ago, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury mountain resort offering guided mountain tours, world-class skiing in the winter, scenic hiking and canoe activities in the summer, a luxury spa, and exceptional dining experiences.
Step into our backyard and discover endless outdoor recreational activities including downhill skiing and snowboarding, cross-country skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and horse drawn sleigh rides in the winter; and hiking, canoeing, horseback riding, fishing, mountain biking and river rafting in the summer.