Demi Chef de Partie
Maintains the highest standards of food quality and presentation in workstation as directed by the Sous Chef on duty. Must have well-rounded knowledge of all areas of the kitchen including a la carte restaurant, and production areas of; banquets, garde manger, vegetable, butcher, soups, and sauce stations. Works within the station in clean safe and efficient manner in accordance with the policy’s procedures and standards of the kitchen.
- Review the daily production sheets with the Chef De Partie & Sous Chef.
- Prepares and when required delegates the production of the necessary food items in accordance with standards in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guest service
- Actively participates in training of culinary skills to junior staff and apprentices
- Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
- Keeps work station clean and organized including fridge’s/freezers, countertops and stove tops
- Ensures that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
- Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expense
- Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
- Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines
- Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to chef de partie/ Sous chef in a timely fashion
- Prepares lists of food products required for station for Sous Chef order and approval
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- Experience in a luxury hotel with comparable service and standards an asset
- Red Seal Certificate (Journeyman’s papers) or Recognized International Equivalent
- Valid Food Handler Certificate required
- Must have experience and be proficient in both a la carte and production cooking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Job type
- Lake Louise, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists over 100 years ago, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury mountain resort offering guided mountain tours, world-class skiing in the winter, scenic hiking and canoe activities in the summer, a luxury spa, and exceptional dining experiences.
Step into our backyard and discover endless outdoor recreational activities including downhill skiing and snowboarding, cross-country skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and horse drawn sleigh rides in the winter; and hiking, canoeing, horseback riding, fishing, mountain biking and river rafting in the summer.