Come join the culinary team at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Develop your culinary skills with some of Fairmont’s most talented chefs, while enjoying the lifestyle of the Canadian Rockies.
Review the daily production sheets with the Chef de Partie/Sous Chef and prepare the necessary food items in accordance with standards in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guest service.
Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
Keeps work station clean and organized including fridge’s/freezers, countertops and stove tops
Ensures that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expense.
Will operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines.
Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to chef de partie/ Sous chef in a timely fashion
Assumes responsibility for the basic operations of his/her station for short periods when required in the absence of the chef de partie
Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program.
Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-4 years cooking experience in a minimum of two different kitchen departments i.e. garde manger, banquets, a la carte, breakfast etc..
- Valid Health & Safety Certificate
- Experience in a luxury hotel with comparable service and standards an asset
- Red Seal Certificate (Journeyman’s papers) or Recognized International Equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Aspires to become a Sous Chef with Fairmont Hotels and resorts
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Job type
- Lake Louise, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists over 100 years ago, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury mountain resort offering guided mountain tours, world-class skiing in the winter, scenic hiking and canoe activities in the summer, a luxury spa, and exceptional dining experiences.
Step into our backyard and discover endless outdoor recreational activities including downhill skiing and snowboarding, cross-country skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and horse drawn sleigh rides in the winter; and hiking, canoeing, horseback riding, fishing, mountain biking and river rafting in the summer.