A memorable experience for our guests and colleagues is the essence of being a Leader with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. As a Housekeeping Supervisor your attention to detail will show the Housekeeping team that you are committed to providing luxury guest experiences. The energy and enthusiasm you display will create a “fun” place to work.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and supervise the day-to-day operation of the department to ensure service standards are followed
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying the proper areas
- Actively participate in daily briefing, daily warm up and department meetings
- Ensure Room Attendants are informed daily about priorities in their section
- Report necessary maintenance items
- Comply with all department policies, procedures, and service standards
- Follow and proactively promote all health and safety policies and initiatives
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- Proven ability to successfully lead and motivate colleagues
- Previous supervisory experience in a similar environment will be an asset, with a proven ability to provide professional, friendly and engaging service
- Good computer literacy (experience using Property Manager System preferred, and proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Detail oriented, organized and focused on quality
- Highly responsible and reliable, demonstrating initiative as required
- Proven ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced, team-based environment
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Lake Louise, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration