Seasonal Boathouse Attendant (May - October)
Are you fun, energetic and outgoing? Do you love the outdoors and being near the water? If so, the Resort Activities Department is looking for you!
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Resort Activities Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Helping Guests in and out of canoes
- Providing rules and basic canoeing instructions for beginners
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating Sunrise and Evening Canoe Experiences
- Assist in facilitating the hotel’s evening Camp Fire
- Fielding questions about the local area
- Maintaining a float and daily sales of canoes
- Able to maintain a safe environment on the Canoe Dock and Lake for all Guests
- Ensuring canoes are in clean working order
- To adhere to all Environmental/Health and Safety policies and procedures as required
- Ensuring a neat, clean personal appearance and uniform
- Assisting with Special Events with functions as needed
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- Current Canadian Boating License
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- University/College education in a related discipline an asset
- Cash handling experience
- Strong knowledge of canoeing
- Knowledge of canoe rescue techniques
- Excellent guest service skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Highly responsible, self-motivated individual
- Knowledgeable about the hotel, surrounding area, and National Parks
- Must possess safe work habits with an awareness of safe work procedures
- Capable of lifting and moving canoes (90 pounds )
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise! www.lakelouisejobs.com
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Lake Louise, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists over 100 years ago, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury mountain resort offering guided mountain tours, world-class skiing in the winter, scenic hiking and canoe activities in the summer, a luxury spa, and exceptional dining experiences.
Step into our backyard and discover endless outdoor recreational activities including downhill skiing and snowboarding, cross-country skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and horse drawn sleigh rides in the winter; and hiking, canoeing, horseback riding, fishing, mountain biking and river rafting in the summer.