Tour Operations Manager
A great opportunity waits at Lake Louise. We are searching for a dynamic individual who is passionate about delivering on the promise of excellence in Guest Service.
Hotel Overview: Nestled on the edge of Alberta’s Lake Louise in the majestic Canadian Rocky Mountains, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is an all-season recreational paradise that has attracted guests from around the world since 1890. Only a two-hour drive west of Calgary, the property is enveloped by some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet. Facilities include 554 guest rooms, Health Club and Spa, five restaurants, a deli and a lounge. As well, we also have retail shopping, a business centre, horseback riding and canoeing in the Summer, and sleigh rides in the Winter.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Front Office, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Assist in the hiring of Tour Operations Agents
- Provide ongoing training of Tour Operations Agents and proper management of training manual
- Maintain the departmental training manual with current information
- Conduct performance appraisals and colleague scheduling for the department
- Providing a liaison between the Front Office and the sales Department
- Review Summer and Winter contracts to put together promotional document for tour operations agent to ensure accurate billing
- Maintain strong working relationships with the Sales and reservations Departments.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships between the hotel and tour companies and their representatives
- Ensure accurate billing to Tour companies, complete “No Show” FIT billing and Cancelled tour billing
- Complete tour and FIT audits to ensure accuracy of billing
- Follow up with any unpaid tour and FIT accounts to resolve open folio’s
- Ensure Summer and Winter room contract and promotional rates are accurately loaded in Property Manager
- Attend hotel functions as required e.g. Pre Conference meetings
- Flexible schedule to coincide with Tour/Groups in-house in order to provide leadership and support
- Must be knowledgeable of the crisis and emergency procedures to ensure the safety and well being of guests and colleagues
- Maintain a safe and hazard free working environment
- Adhere to the Hotel’s environmental initiatives
- A minimum of two years Front Office/Guest Services or Tour Services experience required
- Well organized and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as good problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of Property Manager/Opera, MFR, Word and Excel an asset
- Management Degree or Diploma in Hospitality or Tourism an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Lake Louise, Canada
- Management, Other, Tourism
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists over 100 years ago, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury mountain resort offering guided mountain tours, world-class skiing in the winter, scenic hiking and canoe activities in the summer, a luxury spa, and exceptional dining experiences.
Step into our backyard and discover endless outdoor recreational activities including downhill skiing and snowboarding, cross-country skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and horse drawn sleigh rides in the winter; and hiking, canoeing, horseback riding, fishing, mountain biking and river rafting in the summer.