Assistant Outlet Manager - Portobello
At The Fairmont Chateau Whistler it is important that our guests not only have a great stay, but also a great dining experience. Our Portobello Outlet is a casual dining offering that combines a sandwich bar and other breakfast, lunch and diner offers with a coffee shop atmosphere. This outlet is a great hit with guests and local patrons alike. We offer a warm, inviting and friendly atmosphere.
Please note: In this role your home department will be Portobello, however you will be required to work in other Food & Beverage Departments as required.
Hotel Overview: Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular Coastal Mountain Range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 539 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure – start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Outlet Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service, while maintaining a high level of staff morale
- Ensure the overall smooth operation on the Outlet
Motivate, lead, coach and monitor the performance levels of all team members
Participate in the training of new team members
Provide support to the management team and F&B Division as required
To compete assigned projects as required
To perform side duties as required
Attendance and representation in weekly junior F&B meeting is expected
Complies with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts policies, procedures and code of ethics
Performs any and all other tasks which are assigned by management
Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times
- Previous experience, 1-2 years in a supervisory role within a casual dining establishment, is a requirement
- Previous hotel experience in a four-diamond property is an asset
- Leadership skills accompanied by an ability to solve problems effectively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required; must possess consistent productivity and a high level of motivation, energy, enthusiasm, decisiveness, creativity and flair
- Business acumen: understanding of hotel financial reporting structure
- Product knowledge and a team player
- Versatility, flexibility and stress management skills
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Whistler, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible