Work with our team of Chefs creating world class dining experiences for our guests. Your leadership, creativity and culinary skills as a Baker will guide the preparation of our Bakery’s wide assortment of delicious in-house made baked goods for the enjoyment of our guest.
Prepare daily production of fresh artisan breads, rolls, muffins and all other bakeshop items according to the standard recipes
- Ability to weigh, cut, roll, and shape doughs by hand
- Responsible for the Sourdough starters
- Inspect product for quality and consistency during and after baking
- Maintains consistency for all items leaving the Bake Shop
- Should have good knowledge of producing dough, croissants, doughnuts and Danishes.
- Must be adept at using Deck ovens with steam function, timers, proofer-retarder.
- Should be comfortable to work in a live kitchen, in full view of the guests.
- Maintain fresh ingredients with proper rotation
- Review production schedules to determine variety and quantity of baked goods to be bake
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefing
- Uphold all sanitation and hygiene standards; be clean and presentable at all times
- Promote and maintain a cohesive teamwork environment which promotes development
- Understands and maintains Health and Safety Policies in a safe and injury free workplace by following Occupational Health & Safety standards, Safe Work Practices, complying to all sanitation and Equipment Safety Checklist for operation and maintenance, WHMIS
- Work within the Hotel budget guidelines for the kitchen and Bake shop, to take responsibility for minimizing; labour costs, food costs, wastage, unnecessary expenses, etc.
- Understands and complies with employment harassment policies
- Able to push and pull heavy carts, lift boxes, reach for boxes, stand on feet for duration of their shift
- Ability to work overnights, early mornings or other as required.
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
Journeymen’s Baker papers are preferred
Previous experience working in a fast paced, large kitchen environment
Proven organizational skills
BC Food Safe Certification
Demonstrates a genuine passion for guest interaction and turning moments into memories
Proficient in artisan breads, quick breads and laminated products
Ability to demonstrate innovative and artistic techniques to keep in line with current as well as future culinary and baking trends
Flexible to the demands of the business
Excellent communication skills are required
Previous experience working in a quality bakery is required
BC Safe Food Handling Certification
Red Seal Journeyman Baker Certificate preferred
Experience in Luxury Hotel Kitchens
2-4 years’ experience a Baker (salary commensurate with experience)
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Lifting –up to 50lbs-25% of work time
- Lifting-Under 20lbs 100% of Work Time
- Carrying- Over 20lbs 100% of Work Time
- Pulling- Over 20lbs 100% of Work Time
- Describe Motions- Bending, standing, reaching, cutting, lifting, pushing, repetitive physical movements, dexterity and full range of motion of hands to whisk, scoop, cut scale, shape and move product as needed.
- Work Environment-Exposure to kitchen equipment – large and small ovens, stoves, steam kettles, mixers, sheeter, fryers, rational ovens, Steamers, tilt skillets, fridges and freezers as well as blast freezers
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Whistler, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible