Food & Beverage Server - In Room Dining (Overnights)Our guests are always at home at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler – and their In Room Dining experience is no exception. As a Food & Beverage Server providing warm service, efficiency and knowledge of our menu offerings, you will ensure the timeliness and enjoyment of every memorable meal. In Room Dining is a 24 hour operation and therefore overnight shifts are required for this role.
Hotel Overview: Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular Coastal Mountain Range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 539 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure – start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the In Room Dining Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Have full knowledge of all beverage lists
- Deliver food and beverage in a timely and accurate manner
- Pick up orders efficiently from the kitchen
- Assemble and deliver gift amenities
- Check outgoing orders for quality and accuracy of set up
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- May be scheduled shifts in other Food & Beverage Departments as assigned by Management
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Food & Beverage service experience required
- Previous Property Manager, Micros (or related POS systems) and computer skills an asset
- Required to be of legal age (19 years old) to serve alcohol in British Columbia
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position(include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Whistler, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible