At The Fairmont Chateau Whistler, an exceptional guest experience begins even before check-in and extends throughout every stay. As a Head Houseperson, the organizational support you provide to the Housekeeping team will ensure our guest rooms are well equipped and welcoming – and our guests feel valued.
Hotel Overview:Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular Coastal Mountain Range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 529 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure – start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee daily operation of the houseperson team
- Maintain cleanliness, organization and stock of housekeeping storage areas
- Respond to all Housekeeping and Royal Service calls, which includes guest deliveries and requests
- Assist in performance managment of houseperson colleagues
- Assist housepersons as needed.
- Ensure cleanliness of the hallways and public areas
- Complete minor maintenance duties as assigned
- To actively participate in The Fairmont Chateau Whistler’s environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Complies with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts policies, procedures and code of ethics
- Performs any and all other tasks which are assigned by management.
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times
- Ability to motivate, support and command a team of up to 8 colleagues
- Proven self-motivation, ability to work well with minimum supervision
- Excellent guest service skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Previous guest service and/or Housekeeping experience is an asset
- Must be able to work shift work
- Must have a high level of attention to detail
- Previous cleaning experience is an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Whistler, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract