In Room Dining Captain
The Outlet Captain will be responsible for assisting the Wildflower Management Team with the daily outlet operation. Maximize service delivery in all areas of the department, ensuring the principles of the Resort Experience is extended to all guests.
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular Coastal Mountain Range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 539 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure – start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the In Room Dining Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Ensures the overall smooth operation on the Outlet
- Ensures the delivery of excellent service by maintaining high staff morale and team spirit
- Motivates, leads, coaches and monitors the performance levels of all team members
- Participates in the training of new team members
- Provides support to the management team and F&B Division as required
- Competes assigned projects as required
- Performs side duties as required
- Participates in The Fairmont Chateau Whistler’s environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
- Attends weekly Junior F&B meeting is expected
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Complies with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts policies, procedures and code of ethics
- Performs any and all other tasks which are assigned by management
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times
Previous Food and Beverage serving experience is required
1 year supervisory experience in a restaurant or In Room Dining
Previous hotel experience in a four-diamond property is an asset
Leadership skills accompanied by an ability to solve problems effectively
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required; must possess consistent productivity and a high level of motivation, energy, enthusiasm, decisiveness, creativity and flair
Business acumen: understanding of hotel financial reporting structure
Product knowledge and a team player
Food Safe certification required
Serving It Right Certification is required
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Constant lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must have valid work authorization to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Whistler, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible