At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues and Leaders who model our values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment. Lead your team by example as Purchasing Manager, where you will model responsible business practices and interpersonal skills as you liaise with both internal and external customers.
Hotel Overview: Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular Coastal Mountain Range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 539 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure – start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- To supervise the day to day activities of the Purchasing department and ensure all standards are followed Responsible for becoming the property champion in Purchasing and inventory control systems
- Coordinate and manage the overall operations of the Purchasing and Storeroom Department to ensure all departments have adequate supplies to perform their duties in an efficient manner
- Purchase food, beverage, guest supplies, repairs and maintenance items at the best price possible
- Conduct regular market survey pricing of all items and services for the hotel
- Ensure all purchase order requests are properly completed for approval before a purchase order is prepared and items are purchased
- Maintain all documents and files with regards to purchases made and suppliers used
- Monitor the purchasing control procedures
- Participate in the recruitment and training of new Colleagues and supervisors
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Works with F&B department to assure slow moving products are used up and wine lists do not result in excessive inventories
- Organize monthly count of Central storeroom inventories
- Follow all safety policies
- Member of Green Committee
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience with ordering of hotel goods and services.
- Previous storeroom and receiving experience an asset.
- Ability to source new vendors to maximize purchasing power
- Post Secondary education in hotel administration an asset.
- Superior Level skills in computer technology and hotel applications including knowledge of Purchasing Manager, Perpetual Inventory Systems(i.e. Adaco), AccPac, Micros POS, Excel, and Microsoft Office an asset.
- Superior leadership and coaching skills with a proven track record of developing a highly motivated, trained / cross trained team.
Excellent administrative, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Whistler, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract