Rooms Maintenance Supervisor
A clean and well maintained guest room is the cornerstone of any great hotel stay. As the Rooms Maintenance Supervisor you will help ensure that our Guests receive the best possible room product. The pride you take in ensuring that each of our guest rooms meets or exceeds our maintenance standards will reflect in the Guests view of our property as one of superior quality.
Hotel Overview: Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular Coastal Mountain Range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 539 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slope side Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure – start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Rooms and working closely with the Chief Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee and conduct the service, repair, and general maintenance of guest rooms
- Performance management of Rooms Maintenance Technicians
- Coordinate and schedule all aspects of the Rooms Maintenance program, including but not limited to: Rooms Maintenance Technicians, room availability, contracted labor, non-contracted (in-house) labor, parts ordering and inventory
- To actively participate in The Fairmont Chateau Whistler’s environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Complies with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts policies, procedures and code of ethics
- Performs any and all other tasks which are assigned
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times
- General handyperson skills are necessary
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams
- Previous experience leading trade crews is an asset
- Must have a high level of attention to detail
- Proven self-motivation, ability to work well with minimum supervision
- Must be team oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Must be physically fit and able to carry/move heavy loads – up to 50 pounds
Physical Aspects of Position (include but not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Whistler, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible