Bar Manager, OAK Long Bar KitchenAs Bar Manager, you are responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the Oak – Long Bar & Kitchen which includes maximizing the service experience for the guests and ensuring that all receive superior service. You will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding Food & Beverage offerings makes guests of our restaurant feel unique and valued.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the General Manager, OAK Long Bar Kitchen, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead the day to day operation of the department ensuring all service standards are followed
- Produce and implement creative promotional programs within the Bar with the goal of increasing revenues
- Conduct position specific meetings on a monthly basis
- Monitor inventory of beverages to ensure adequate stock is maintained and to prevent excess pours or misuse
- Monitor and oversee requisitions and purchase as needed
- Adhere to the annual budget and administer it in a fiscally responsible manner
- Monitor food, beverage, labor and operating expenses throughout the department
- Manage the business aspects of the bar, such as keeping a current liquor license, negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets and setting goals
- Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls
- Oversee the cleanliness of staff and physical bar area to ensure that operation follows proper health code procedures
- Review sales and beverage costs, and reconcile any discrepancies in accounting. Ensure proper cash management
- Oversee the preparation of beverages and ensure quality of product served
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years experience in F&B management in a luxury property preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities necessary.
- Must be a highly organized person with strong planning skills.
- Goal and results oriented.
- Analytical skills, strength as a developer and a leader of others are essential.
- International experience an asset
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a charismatic team player
Visa Requirements: All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist! ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Back Bay East, Boston, MA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract