Wash and sanitize pots, pans and other Kitchen utensils/equipment according to Hotel specifications and standards. Clean and maintain equipment in Dishwashing/ Pot washing/Kitchen/ Cafeteria/ Compactor/ Storage areas. Set up wares for Banquet functions, retrieve and wash soiled wares, transport supplies and food to Banquet service areas and assist the Kitchen with plating up of Banquet meals. Complete other special cleaning projects as assigned and following Hotel specifications and standards.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Dallas, located in the Arts District of downtown Dallas, offers 545 elegant guestrooms and suites, with over 73,000 square feet of banqueting and meeting space. For over fifty years, the Fairmont Dallas has been the setting for countless civic, social, cultural, convention and corporate events, but more importantly the setting for thousands of memories.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Perform duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy and follow-throughprioritize , organize and follow up
- Follow directions thoroughly
- Understand guest’s service needs
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Adapt to meet priority changes of work flow or requirements.
- Operate designated machinery.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Previous experience as hotel/restaurant dishwasher or in janitorial/cleaning position.
- Familiarity with proper sanitation regulations
- Provide fast and courteous service to Banquet Deparment
- Assist Banquet functions by setting up equipment and wares needs
- Ensure food is delivered in a timely manner
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling
- Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Arts District, Dallas, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract