Assistant Executive Housekeeper
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of the department to ensure service standards are followed.
- Conducting standard audits throughout the hotel.
- Maintain all guest rooms, public areas and heart of the house areas; ensuring that the highest standard of cleanliness, attention to detail and organization is met .
- Monitor labor costs while ensuring effective scheduling and department productivity.
- Assist with preventative maintenance programs while working with the Chief Engineer.
- Address guest concerns and react quickly; logging and notifying proper departments as required.
- Manage the departmental budget in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Assist Executive Housekeeper in preparing annual recommendations for the housekeeping budget and capital improvements each year to ensure standards of all furniture, fittings and linens are maintained.
- Assist Executive Housekeeper to review forecast based on actual need on monthly basis or whenever it is necessary to do so.
- Review the performance of Housekeeping associates regularly and in accordance with hotel policy.
- Responsible for purchasing of the department within the forecasted guidelines.
- Ensure effective communication, including coaching and performance management.
- Attend regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Report necessary maintenance items.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies.
- Spearhead housekeeping and guest room-related projects.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years previous housekeeping leadership experience in a luxury environment required.
- Previous experience managing departmental finances i.e. purchasing, inventory and productivity management required.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork Accountability and Excellence; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Downtown, Victoria, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible