Bell PersonA smile and helping hand is what our Guests will experience as you personally greet them on their arrival. As a Bellperson with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, your knowledge of the hotel and the professionalism you display will create a sense of “welcome” like no other.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Bell Captain, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistently offer professional, engaging and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in all aspects of job performance, practice Fairmont Service Promises’ in all interactions
- Provide exceptional guest service by greeting and interacting with guests in a genuine, engaging and helpful manger to ensure exceptional guest experience
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag while working.
- Demonstrate awareness of groups, events and activities happening in the hotel and direct guests to functions within hotel as required
- Escort guests to their room and upon arrival conduct an overview of the room to ensure that guests are familiar with their surroundings
- Ensure the timely and efficient transfer of luggage to and from the guest’s room
- Expedite guest room changes as required
- Deliver messages and other items to guest rooms and within the Hotel
- Maintain a presence in the lobby, offer assistance to guests as required
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards, including all safety policies
- Participate in hotel committees
- Performs other job related duties and projects as assigned
Previous experience in a role requiring a high level of guest service and interaction is required
Energetic with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Must be in good physical condition as frequent and repetitive lifting is required
An impeccable appearance with superior attention to detail
Proven ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment
Proven ability to work cohesively as part of a team in a multi cultural, diverse environment
Proven ability to focus attention on guests needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Strong work ethic, highly responsible, reliable and the ability to work extended hours including evenings, public holidays and weekends is required
Physical Aspects of Position include but are not limited to the following:
Standing majority of shift
Lifting & Pulling heavy luggage
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work and reside in Bermuda.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Hamilton, Bermuda
- Starting in
- As soon as possible