Guest Service AmbassadorAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, every guest interaction is an opportunity to create a lasting memory. As a Guest Service Ambassador, you will do more than facilitate our guests’ safe and efficient transport – you will be an ambassador for your hotel, your city and our exceptional guest experience.
Edmonton's "Chateau on the River"
This historic Chateau on the River features 198 spacious rooms and suites, combining traditional décor with a high level of personal service. Fairmont Gold was introduced in June 2016, an elevated experience of a hotel within a hotel; this product will further cement Fairmont Hotel Macdonald’s reputation as the best, most luxurious hotel in Edmonton. Restaurants include the Confederation Lounge and award-winning Harvest Room, both with spectacular river valley views and seasonal outdoor terraces.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Front Office and Manager on Duty, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Deliver and collect hotel guests at locations in the down town core and chauffeur them using the hotel vehicles
• Work closely with the Front Desk, Bell Captain, and Executive Office to arrange VIP and guest transportation.
• Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
• Assist the Front Desk team with the arrival and departure of guests.
• Ensure accurate billing for all guest folios
• Act as the hotel Concierge and Ambassador throughout the day.
• Offer support to the bell and valet teams during "crunch" periods
• Quality control of rooms for VIP arrivals
• Take full responsibility for the upkeep and care of the hotel Vehicles
• Coordinate the Le Club AccorHotels program throughout the hotel.
• Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety policies
• Other duties as assigned
Previous experience as a Driver preferred
Valid Drivers License required
Excellent communication skills and a professional presentation
Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Frequent sitting, standing and walking throughout shift
Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown, Edmonton, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible