Room AttendantFirst impressions are everything! As a Room Attendant with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts you will have the opportunity to create lasting memories for every Guest, ensuring Guest rooms are comfortable, inviting and clean. The luxury our Guests experience will ensure their return.
Hotel Overview: Edmonton's "Chateau on the River"For more than 100 years, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has effortlessly delivered timeless luxury in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Nestled upon the North Saskatchewan River Valley, the hotel’s charm and ever-evolving elegance has earned it the spotlight as one of the city’s most sought-after locations. A storied past, an unparalleled present, and a future to be reckoned with, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has set the stage for luxury in the heart of the city. Edmonton’s only four-diamond “Chateau on the River” offers unparalleled views of North America’s largest expanse of urban parkland. Boasting dignified style and timeless grace, each of our 198 classically-designed guestrooms, including specialty suites, are tastefully adorned with the finest amenities. In 2016, we forever changed the game in luxury as we unveiled a completely re-designed Fairmont Gold & Lounge. Delivering personalized and discreet service, this hotel within a hotel offers an unrivalled experience unlike any other the city has seen, and likely ever will. From seasonally inspired menus to dining experiences that will satisfy any craving, see what our chefs are preparing in our Confederation Lounge and our award-winning restaurant, The Harvest Room.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Housekeeping, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Clean all assigned guestrooms including: dusting, making beds, soiled linen removal from rooms, and retrieval of clean linen from linen closets, vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, inside window cleaning, replenish rooms with supplies
- Sign in and out master keys daily
- Maintain proper usage of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Update and record all cleaned rooms
- Return and properly tag all lost and found articles in the Housekeeping Office
- Follow departmental policies and procedures and service standards
- Report necessary maintenance items
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Downtown, Edmonton, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract