Banquet BartenderEngaging service, distinctive surroundings, and delicious food and drink make every special event at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts a truly memorable affair. As Banquet Bartender, your warm, attentive guest service and passion for mixology is worth raising a glass to!
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is a glorious landmark that captures the hearts and imaginations of all who visit. Reigning from her prestigious address on Georgia Street at the center of the city, this Castle in the Heart of Vancouver is surrounded by a diverse arts community of galleries and theatres, a thriving shopping district, exhilarating nightlife and world class cuisine. Join our team and welcome our guests to extraordinary experiences at their home away from home.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Banquets, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Mix drinks and control the beverage stock as per guidelines
- Have full knowledge of the beverage menus being offered at the banquet
- Follow policies, procedures and service standards
- Have knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of bartending experience required
- Must hold valid Serving It Right certification
- Previous point of sale system experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to work flexible schedules (including evenings, weekends and overnights)
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown, Vancouver, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible