Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is a glorious landmark that captures the hearts and imaginations of all who visit. Reigning from her prestigious address on Georgia Street at the center of the city, this Castle in the Heart of Vancouver is surrounded by a diverse arts community of galleries and theatres, a thriving shopping district, exhilarating nightlife and world class cuisine. Join our team and welcome our guests to extraordinary experiences at their home away from home.Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Assistant Director of Finance, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the effective and efficient operation of Payroll by ensuring company standards, internal controls and the union agreement are adhered to. Manage all payroll activities in accordance with federal and provincial statutory regulations.
- Ensure the smooth daily operations of the Payroll function.
- Ensure complete confidentiality with payroll records, payroll data and personal information
- Make sure all payroll reports are to be submitted to H.R., management, corporate, and government agencies (Federal and Provincial) on a timely and accurate basis.
- To be accountable for the gratuities allocation for Bell, Room Service Servers, Banquets Servers and Bartenders in accordance with Night Audit, Evention and other revenue reports in accordance with Accor Finance Policy and Procedures and local laws.
- Manage vacation entitlements and accruals in accordance with GAAP, the union agreement and to the company vacation policy.
- Prepare the Payroll journals for month-end processing to be submitted to the Assistant Director, Finance & Business Support on the first day of the month.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations related to all payroll accounts (Including, but not limited to: Payroll Clearing, Vacation, Holiday, WCB, Salary Advances, Payroll Accrual, Pension Liability Accounts, etc.)
- Working familiarization with Hotel operating systems and timekeeping software including Time & Attendance, WATSON and MS EXCEL.
- Responsible for training and development of management with regard to scheduling deadlines, Time & Attendance software management, Daily timekeeping edits, etc.
- Act as the WATSON system champion for the hotel and prepare and distribute weekly WATSON variance report. Prepare monthly labour forecast worksheets (WATSON).
- Prepare daily payroll reports to key departments for payroll editing.
- Daily payroll editing and reporting of errors to department heads.
- Responsible to ensure payroll system is running effectively and efficiently. Ensure back-up of relevant information is complete for historical and current reporting.
- Respond to government inquiries in a timely and accurate manner. (Including, but not limited to CRA, Stats Canada, WCB, etc.)
- Ensure that all garnishments are deducted and submitted in a timely manner with appropriate back-up and authorization in accordance with local laws.
- Make certain that all employee payroll advances are deducted and reconciled according to legal and corporate policy guidelines.
- Account and make timely payments for all deductions to third parties; (Including, but not limited to: Charities, Canada Savings Bonds, Pensions, etc.)
- Ensure payroll data is complete and on time to be submitted to Ceridian Canada for payroll processing.
- Reconcile payroll data to the time and attendance system.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director, Finance & Business Support.
- Report deficiencies and errors on a timely and effective basis.
- To conduct co-employee performance evaluation.
- To act as Assistant Accountant when required. (Train to participate in Payables and Revenue recordings.)
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Participate in leadership functions/capacities as required.
- Minimum 3 years previous payroll experience at supervisory level required
- Previous payroll experience in a hotel environment is considered a strong asset
- Ability to train, communicate and follow up with hotel leadership on payroll related issues
- Previous experience with Time & Attendance and Ceridian is required
- Previous experience with an automated labour management system preferred
- Experience working in a unionized environment preferred
- Accounting or Payroll designation preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements:Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist! ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown, Vancouver, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible