Experiencing warm and engaging service in luxurious surroundings is turning moments into memories for our guest at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. As a Washperson, your care and attention to detail in your Industrial Laundry operation will ensure exceptional standards for our hotel lines - you will take pride in the role you play facilitating a memorable guest stay.
Please note that preference will be given to current qualified colleagues of Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge with CAW accreditation.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is surrounded by the snow capped mountains and enchanting lakes of Jasper National Park; a UNESCO designated World Heritage Site which includes the #1 Best Golf Resort in Canada by the readers of SCOREGolf Magazine, a newly redesigned Fairmont spa, 6 food and beverage outlets, and many outdoor activities which are right outside your door. No matter what time of year you visit Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, you can expect to be a part of "The True Rocky Mountain Experience".
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
- Separate and wash all laundry
- Pick up and deliver all linen in all Food & Beverage Outlets and Housekeeping areas as required
- Ensure all contract linen is picked up and delivered to the correct Hotels according to schedule
Report necessary maintenance items
Adhere to the hotel’s vehicle handling and safety policies while driving hotel and guest vehicles
Follow all safety and sanitation policies
Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in housekeeping or laundry an asset
- Valid Alberta drivers license required
Strong knowledge of JPL property, roads, linen closets and F&B outlets an asset
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Walking: 1-5 hrs/day
- Standing: 4-8 hr/day
- Bending/Reaching: 6-8 hrs/day
- Pushing/Pulling: 1-5 hrs/day
- Physical Effort: Required to lift up to 50-80 lbs
- Environmental Stress: high-works in hot/cold conditions, high noise level, work with hazardous machinery
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Alberta, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible