As the Culinary Coordinator, you will be the ambassador for exceptional cuisine and service that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your passion and attention to detail for delivering service will assist our culinary team in driving outstanding operating results.
Hotel Overview: Known as the islands only all-suite oceanfront resort, the hotel is situated on Polo Beach in the world-class, master-planned destination of Wailea, on the south western coast of Maui. Here's an opportunity to join AccorHotels, a luxury hotel brand recognized worldwide for distinctive style and service.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Provide timely, personalized, friendly and efficient service to discerning guest
- Creation and submission of Purchase Orders for Culinary and Stewarding operating supplies
- Monitor Culinary checkbook and tracking of culinary line item expenses
- Weekly input of Culinary Schedules based on guidelines
- Track vacation balance, department sick calls and process required forms
- Communicate and update all banquet BEO information
- Coordinate menu changes, recipes and costing for all outlets with Executive Chef
- Assist guest with special meal and allergy needs to be coordinated with the Culinary team
- Maintain Culinary training records and SOP’s
- Maintain all food safety and handling logs required by ECOSURE including audit results
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Compile Culinary department meeting minutes
- Promote health and safety awareness and have a complete understanding of emergency procedures
- Understand and support our F&B 2020 vision within the department
- Maintain Culinary communication board with pertinent information and kitchen signage
- Follow venue policies, procedures and service standards
- Maintain atmosphere of Aloha Spirit and anticipate others needs
- Actively participate and promote Planet 21 efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Coordinator experience is required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all time
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Occasional walking, standing and sitting throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: All Candidates must be in possession of identification proving authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace. We support the Affirmative Action Plan; our program is available for inspection by contacting the Director, Talent & Culture, Monday through Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- Job type
- Wailea, Wailea-Makena, HI, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract