Junior Accounting Clerk
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues who model our values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment. Apply your passion for numbers as a Junior Accounting Clerk, where your exacting standards will ensure accuracy in support of your team and hotel.
Hotel Overview: Known as the islands only all-suite oceanfront resort, the hotel is situated on Polo Beach in the world-class, master-planned destination of Wailea, on the south western coast of Maui. Here's an opportunity to join Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, a luxury hotel brand recognized worldwide for distinctive style and service.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
Assist AP team: dispatch of invoices, scanning, coding, inquiries and payment processing
Scan and archive daily Sox reporting packages
Preparation of Month End Binder
Arrange Monthly accounting and credit meetings and compose minutes for both
Cross train in other areas of Accounting and provide backup as needed
Pick up and deliver mail; open and distribute to Accounting team
Participate in quarterly inventories as assigned
Quarterly menu audit
- Provide office administration duties as required
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous hotel, office administration or accounting experience preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications or relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (inlcude but are not limited to):
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: All Candidates must be in possession of identification proving authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace. We support the Affirmative Action Plan; our program is available for inspection by contacting the Director, Talent & Culture, Monday through Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.