At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, all guest service has the potential to create a lasting memory when it is delivered with warmth and sincerity. Be an ambassador for our brand as a Reservations Supervisor, where the engaging and anticipative service you provide will make our guests feel valued and reflect the exceptional hotel experience to come.
Hotel Overview: Known as the islands only all-suite oceanfront resort, the hotel is situated on Polo Beach in the world-class, master-planned destination of Wailea, on the south western coast of Maui. Here's an opportunity to join Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, a luxury hotel brand recognized worldwide for distinctive style and service.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Reservations Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide supervision, motivation, training and support to the Reservations team colleagues
- Ensure department standards and policies are adhered to, making recommendations where necessary to reach overall performance goals
- Update team on all rates, promotions and corporate programs
- Assist in preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports and test calls
- Work with team to achieve EES, LQA and VOG and build action plans to attain goals
- Work with other departments to complete necessary tasks
- Coach the agents in areas of up selling, cross-selling and ongoing skill set knowledge
- Inspire agents to achieve maximum revenue potential while maintaining consistently high service standards
- Assist Reservations Manager to monitor the day-to-day operation
- Ensure call volumes are managed in the most efficient manner possible, administrative duties are completed and productivity is maximized
- Assist with Group Reservation and Wholesale Reservation areas where needed
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Actively support all green initiatives on property
- Other duties as assigned
Must possess outstanding Sales skills, Guest service skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills
Computer literacy in Microsoft applications, CRS and PMS systems
Knowledge of Group Reservations and Wholesale market segments
Minimum of 2 years Reservations and/or Front Office supervisory experience required
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to):
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: All Candidates must be in possession of identification proving authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace. We support the Affirmative Action Plan; our program is available for inspection by contacting the Director, Talent & Culture, Monday through Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Wailea, Wailea-Makena, HI, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible