Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Cook III, the care you devote to all aspects of food preparation will result in the creation of truly spectacular fare.
The Fairmont Olympic is considered Seattle’s most celebrated treasure, and a premier luxury hotel. Since opening in 1924, The Olympic has been the region's destination for prominent civic and social events, as well as honeymoons, birthday celebrations and in-city getaways
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be able to understand and adjust recipes according to business levels
- Have a working knowledge of properly storing, rotating and maintaining products
- Must be able to maintain Servsafe and health department standards
- The ability to follow all established policies and procedures
- Have comprehensive preparation and knife skills
- The ability to check and complete mise en place and pars to set-up the station
- Have the ability to clean and maintain all kitchen equipment
- Strong organizational skills
- Carries out any other duties as may be assigned
- Previous experience is an asset
- High school graduate
- Previous Cooking Experience is required
- Experience in a hotel with comparable service and standards is an asset
- Apprenticeship, or Culinary degree from an Accredited institution is an asset
- Serve safe training is an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Able to lift 30 pounds
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Central Business District, Seattle, WA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible