Director Of Sales
Creating an engaging work environment at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel is as important as turning moments into memories for our guests. The standards and values you model will inspire your team and you will be accountable for generating budgeted room nights and/or revenue on an established account base through personal selling and through the management of direct reports.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Olympic is considered Seattle’s most celebrated treasure, and a premier luxury hotel. Since opening in 1924, The Olympic has been the region's destination for prominent civic and social events, as well as honeymoons, birthday celebrations and in-city getaways.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Achievement of total hotel room revenue goals as set forth in the hotel’s business plan
- Achieve budgeted room night quotas and average rates set out in the yearly business plan
- Demonstrates leadership in Revenue Management, ensuring revenues/yields are maximized based on demand and growth requirements
- Develop sales strategies & tactics that align and support the hotels strategic plan.
- Identifies opportunities to increase on-going and additional revenue streams and creates value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
- Provides customer intelligence and evaluation of market & economic trends and adapts sales strategy to meet/exceed customer expectations, generates increased revenue and ensures competitive position in our marketplace.
- “Hires the Best” for the property-based Sales team and provides on-going coaching, training and action plans to promote development of Managers and their direct reports.
- Work in collaboration with GSO’s to maximize business results.
- Appropriately represents the hotel within the Seattle market place.
- Takes an active role in regional tourism organizations and participates in sales activities both on and off-property.
- Responsible for establishing all sales quotas as outlined in the budget and driving performance with sellers to ensure goals are achieved.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required and analyses external reports and resources to establish hotel’s market position.
- Responsible for co-managing S&M expenses and payroll
Visa Requirements: Must be able to provide or obtain authorization to work in the United States. APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist! ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Central Business District, Seattle, WA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration