Director of Revenue Management
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Revenue Management System (IDeaS G3). Responsible for forecast validation and daily interaction with system and the decisions produced, configuration and maintenance tasks related to the system.
- Maximizes net revenue contribution through a thorough understanding of market segments, booking channels and demand drivers for rooms, food and beverage and minor operating departments. Actively participates in total revenue management and evaluation of business opportunities.
- Operationalizes hotel and corporate pricing strategies which are congruent with demand factors, promote integrity and protect long term customer value; through definition and management of rate levels, stay restrictions and other tactics in all distribution channels.
- Monitors segment booking pace in order to determine pricing and availability controls for all reservation distribution sources and implements according to the strategy of the hotel.
- Monitors key indicators of hotel performance and third party intelligence sources to identify revenue opportunities.
- Evaluates booking channel distribution models and opportunities for the hotel.
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with OTA partners by persuading partners to evaluate new strategies in an effort to optimize hotel presence and conversion on third party channels.
- Stay current with industry changes and how it may impact demand.
- Tracks and analyzes success of marketing campaigns and works with DOSM and the marketing team to adjust marketing strategies/budgets where needed based on performance metrics.
- Responsible for completion of all rooms and revenue forecasting, budgeting and planning to accurately project unconstrained demand and hotel performance in collaboration with the DOSM, Director of Finance, Director of Operations and General Manager.
- Chairs and prepares materials for the weekly RevMAX/PRO Meetings.
- Co-lead daily DBR meetings with DOSM and Director of Sales to optimize group segment profit by reviewing leads with a total profit optimization mindset.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of required reporting including but not limited to month end commentary, strategic planning of budget and marketing plans, tracking and analysis of competitive set pricing and yield strategies in collaboration with the DOSM.
- Oversees channel management including rate loading and inventory management.
- Oversees and leads the Reservations Department.
- Liaise with Reservations, Front Office and Sales to ensure the highest level of guest service is maintained while maximizing profit.
- Strategic thinking combined with the proven ability to move strategy to action are foremost attributes
- Comfortable in discussion forums; able to represent ideas succinctly and convincingly.
- Proven experience in analysis and problem solving required.
- Team building skills and proven track record is essential.
- Self-study and independent work ethics are required.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities under time constraints is key to the success of this individual.
- Strong experience or adaptable training in the use of automated systems, PCs and office products, e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of Fairmont Sales & Property Management automation.
- Experience working with IDeaS V5 an asset.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Sales Manager or 3 year’s experience as Front Office or Reservations Manager, or 2 years’ experience in a related area
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist! ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Central Business District, Seattle, WA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract