Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Oversee the daily operation of all kitchens and banquet culinary events.
- Utilize the Fairmont's vision, mission and values to lead the culinary team by example.
- Ensure a balanced leadership approach to our four constituents: colleague, guest, brand and financial by means of action plans for colleague engagement, JD Power guest feedback and efficient culinary operations.
- Conduct daily walk throughs to promote and ensure health and safety at all times, utilizing the ServSafe and EcoSure programs as a model while upholding all Washington State regulations.
- Maintain excellence and drive progress through LQA evaluations, training, consulting and reporting.
- Team with Marketing and Public Relations to promote culinary offerings and brand.
- Development and preparation of menus suitable to each area of food & beverage, focusing on quality, creativity, presentation, and guest expectations.
- Ensure the finest quality and value of food product is available and presented to our guests in all areas of the hotel, while keeping current on industry trends.
- Effectively communicate operational challenges and successes to culinary leadership daily.
- Controls culinary colleagues' productivity within established criteria based on annual budgeted figures.
- Controls all food inventories while maintaining food cost targets within budgeted guidelines.
- Develop training programs for all culinary colleagues with a focus on development.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is in good working order and is properly maintained and utilized.
- Promotes and maintains a positive team environment and interactions with all departments.
- Available and interested in media opportunities to showcase food & beverage products.
- Active participation in the Extended Executive Committee.
- Comfortable interacting with potential banquet clients in a sales situation.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience within all areas of the culinary field including as an Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef in a property of significantly greater size or complexity.
- Experience in both restaurants and banquets preferred.
- Strong leadership abilities, with specific strengths in quality and innovation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to build relationships.
- Proven track record as an administrator, trainer and developer, and as a team player with strong communication and organizational skills with all departments.
- Proven experience in attaining targets in all key areas - Colleague, Guest, Financial, Brand and Health & Safety.
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of Pacific Northwest food culture.
- Proven ability to achieve fiscal targets through implementation of inventory control logistics.
- Food Safety Certification.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in the United States or obtain proper authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Central Business District, Seattle, WA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible