Kitchen Mechanic - Overnight
Join the fantastic Engineering team at The Fairmont Olympic Hotel and contribute to up-keep of the grand dame of Seattle.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Olympic is considered Seattle’s most celebrated treasure, and a premier luxury hotel. Since opening in 1924, The Olympic has been the region's destination for prominent civic and social events, as well as honeymoons, birthday celebrations and in-city getaways.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Troubleshooting mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic and electrical systems
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually PMs and service on Kitchen Equipment (dishwashers, cooking(gas/steam, steam tables, heat lamps, clean drains, grease traps) to maintain the equipment
- Learn how to control building systems via Siemens APOGEE Building Automation System and provide routine scheduling of meeting rooms as needed
- Qualify & Perform Engineering Graveyard Shift Duties as necessary
- Maintain stock supplies (peglinks, solenoids, filters, belts, valves, etc.) needed to perform PMs/Repairs on all Kitchen Equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide necessary electric repair and maintenance to motors, starters, breakers and associated kitchen equipment throughout all kitchens
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience with commercial kitchen equipment or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience and/or technical license
- Previous maintenance experience with pool and spa experience is an asset
- Must speak, read and write English
- Ability to work in high/precarious places, be near fiberglass insulation and electrical current
- Ability to read, understand and interpret schematics, plans, diagrams, drawings or technical drawings.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume as well as water/air pressure differentials, CFM, GPM, and RPM
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in either written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide necessary electric/plumbing repair and maintenance to kitchen equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues that involve the 4 T’s in guestrooms; TVs (TV on a central distribution Sonifi System), Toilets, Telephones, Thermostats (FCUs on a 4-pipe system).
- Ability to respond to back of the house issues from kitchen, employee locker rooms, employees’ cafeteria, executive offices, etc.
- Ability to work as a team player to accomplish goals of the engineering department.
- Must be safety conscious
- Graduate of Building Operator’s Course Level I & II or Pool Operator’s Course or approved Refrigeration/HVAC/Electrical Course are a plus
- After five (5) years in this position as Plant II, an individual desiring to further their engineering career can qualify with satisfactory performance as a Plant I, by qualifying and performing shift duties as well as completing two of the following: 1) complete the Building Operator’s Course Level I, 2) complete Building Operator’s Course Level II, 3) complete Operator’s Course for Pool/Spa Operations, or 4) complete an approved Refrigeration/HVAC/Electrical Course.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Able to lift anywhere from 10 to 50 pounds routinely and knowledge to rig material handling equipment to maneuver equipment heavier than 50 pounds safely
- Wet or humid conditions
- Work near moving parts
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Toxic or caustic chemicals
- Outdoor weather conditions
Visa Requirements: Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Central Business District, Seattle, WA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract