The position of Maintenance Mechanic is dedicated to exceeding expectations of both internal and external guests to ensure the highest level of service is consistently provided.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Olympic is considered Seattle’s most celebrated treasure, and a premier luxury hotel. Since opening in 1924, The Olympic has been the region's destination for prominent civic and social events, as well as honeymoons, birthday celebrations and in-city getaways.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Assistant Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Required to adjust, troubleshoot, and repair to maintain heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually PMs on HVAC System
- Maintain stock supplies (filters, belts, etc.) needed to perform PMs/Repairs on all HVAC Equipment (AHUs, EFs, SFs, Cooling Towers)
- Monitor building systems via Siemens APOGEE Building Automation System and perform routine maintenance on control for all HVAC Equipment
- Perform weekly Water Treatment on closed and open loop chill water and condenser water, respectively
- Perform Engineering Shift Duties as assigned, typically Thursday thru Monday to provide consistent weekend coverage
- Minimum of 3-5years experience with commercial industrial equipment or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Previous HVAC experience or technical license is a plus
- Must speak, read and write English
- Must be able to work in high/precarious places, be near fiberglass insulation and electrical current
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret schematics, plans, diagrams and drawings.
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume as well as water/air pressure differentials, CFM, GPM, and RPM
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions in either written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Must be able to work as a team player to accomplish goals of the engineering department.
- Must be able to stand, walk 2/3 of the working shift
- Must be safety conscious
- Graduate of Building Operator’s Course Level I & II or Pool Operator’s Course or approved Refrigeration/HVAC/Electrical Course are a plus
- After five (5) years in this position as Plant III, an individual desiring to further their engineering career can qualify with satisfactory performance as a Plant II, by qualifying and performing shift duties as well as completing two of the following: 1) complete the Building Operator’s Course Level I, 2) complete Operator’s Course for Pool/Spa Operations, or 3) complete an approved Refrigeration/HVAC/Electrical Course
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to ):
- Constent standing and walking throughout shift
- Able to lift anywhere from 10 to 50 pounds routinely and knowledge to rig material handling equipment to maneuver equipment heavier than 50 pounds safely
- Wet or humid conditions
- Work near moving parts
- Fumes or airborn particles
- Toxic or caustic chemicals
- Outdoor weather conditions
Visa Requirements: Must be able to provide or obtain authorization to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist! ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Central Business District, Seattle, WA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract