StewardTo support all Food and Beverage operations ensuring that all areas within the Heart of House are always clean and in good working order as well as provision and maintenance of all service equipment's used by the Front of House
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Olympic is considered Seattle's most celebrated treasure, and a premier luxury hotel. Since opening in 1924, The Olympic has been honeymoons, birthday celebrations and in-city getaways.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Executive Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Operate an industrial dishwasher
- Ensure the kitchen Colleagues have the dishes/silverware required and guests have clean dishes
- Sort, stack dishes, and load/unload dishwasher
- Sort, stack and store all cleaned items in an organized and safe manner
- Ensure all breakages and chipped items are removed from circulation and inventoried
- Ensure floors are dry and clean at all times
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
Previous experience not required
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to work in The United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Central Business District, Seattle, WA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible