To support banquet operations ensuring that all events are set-up as well as maintaining meeting and banquet rooms following the standards of service.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Orchid Hawaii is a luxury AAA four-diamond Kohala Coast oceanfront resort with white sand lagoon, Hawaiian Spa Without Walls, golf, extensive meeting facilities, year-round children’s program, five restaurants and tennis, all serviced with Aloha. We are currently looking for new colleagues to join our 'Ohana and share that Aloha here at Fairmont Orchid, Hawai'i.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Banquets, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Properly clean and set meeting rooms and banquet functions per specifications on resume and BEOs or as given by banquet management including vacuuming floors and cleaning walls and windows/mirrors.
- Proper care, movement, storage of all equipment such as tables, chairs, risers, and dance floor lecterns is required.
- Proper control and storage of meeting room supplies such as linen, pads, pens/pencils and candy, etc. are required.
- Service every meeting room by emptying trash, removing dirty plates, cups, linens and glasses, and replace as necessary.
- Straighten all chairs. Replenish water requirements as specified or requested.
- On a continuous basis, keep service corridors, pre-function space, and storage areas clean, organized and unobstructed.
- Upon customer request, locate and deliver convention material to designated location.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as moving furniture in and about the hotel.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Colleagues with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, colleagues may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all colleagues are required to fully comply with Fairmont rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities.
- Relay any problem situations or damaged areas to Banquet Management in a timely manner for immediate action.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as moving office furniture and cleaning carpet and chairs.
- Previous guest service experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Previous Guest service experience preferred
Must have intermediate Math skills and be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
Must have high degree of problem solving skills including the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in either written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Must have documentation of a negative TB test or be willing to get upon being hired
Must have proven organization skills and be detail oriented
Must be a team player and able to work in a fast paced environment
Must have valid driver’s license to drive EZ-Go
Must have valid driver’s license and may be required to become certified to drive a fork lift once hired
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Constant lifting and occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps