Director of OperationsFairmont Hotels & Resorts is a global hotel brand offering engaging service and authentically local experiences in places of unrivalled presence. Be an ambassador for the brand and your hotel as Director of Operations, where you will provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction.
Fairmont Orchid is a luxury AAA four-diamond Kohala Coast oceanfront resort with white sand lagoon, Hawaiian Spa Without Walls, golf, extensive meeting facilities, year-round children’s program, five restaurants and tennis, all serviced with Aloha. We are currently looking for new colleagues to join our 'Ohana and share that Aloha here at Fairmont Orchid.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the General Manager in the overall management and strategic direction of the hotel, assuming the responsibilities of the General Manager in their absence
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, including but not limited to Rooms Division, Food & Beverage, Engineering, Spa and Security.
- Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets through establishment of a positive culture, clear expectations and policy & procedural implementation
- Assist in the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget
- Actively participating in the strategic planning and ongoing development of the hotel, including revenue forecasting, ensuring the delivery of our environment commitments, overseeing the health, safety and security of our guests and colleagues.
- Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets via effective organizational development, policy and procedural development, and appropriate colleague training activities, thus ensuring our shareholders receive their return on investment.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks are on time, on target and accurate
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls
- Actively involved in the recruitment process of leadership positions within the operating departments
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of capital projects.
- Monitor and act on staffing levels and productivity targets.
- Update and ensure timely awareness of the hotel’s business continuity plan as well as its emergency and crisis management plans.
- Function as a key member of the hotel Executive Committee and leadership team.
- Assume the responsibilities of the General Manager in his absence.
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role, within a similar hotel brand required
- Extensive Hotel operations experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget planning and financial controls
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Job type
- Waikoloa Village, HI, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract