Maintenance Mechanic II (Overnight)
Responsible for the repair and maintenance of the facilities throughout the resort. The role of this position and the Engineering department is to provide a safe and healthy environment for our colleagues and our guest to enjoy.
Hotel Overview:Fairmont Orchid is a luxury AAA four-diamond Kohala Coast oceanfront resort with white sand lagoon, Hawaiian Spa Without Walls, golf, extensive meeting facilities, year-round childrens program, five restaurants and tennis, all serviced with Aloha. We are currently looking for new colleagues to join our 'Ohana and share that Aloha here at Fairmont Orchid.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Engineering & Chief Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Work with all trade mechanics as required to help with repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Must have a good working knowledge of a variety of power hand tools such as a drill, drill press, saw, band saw, “Sawzall”, drain rodding machine and the like.
- Must have a good working knowledge of basic electrical systems including 120v and 220v building and equipment power. Related tools for this include the use of multi-meters and amp probes.
- Must have a good working knowledge of basic plumbing and piping systems including copper pipe fitting, PVC pipe fitting, steel pipe fitting up through 1” diameter. Perform drain rodding tasks as needed. Related tools for this include brazing torch, pipe threading machine and pipe cutters.
- Must have a good working knowledge of basic HVAC systems such as fan coils, air handling units, exhaust fans and make up air units. Maintenance of these systems will include filter changes, lubricating bearings, cleaning cooling coils, cleaning drain pans and checking / changing drive belts. Related tools for this include the use of power washers, hand tools, work lights, ladders and scaffolding.
- Respond to guest and colleagues requests throughout the facility to make necessary repairs to accommodate the customer’s needs in a timely and courteous manner.
- Performs preventive maintenance of all areas as assigned
- Repair, maintain and trouble-shoot all equipment in accordance with blueprint, wiring diagrams, schematics, operations manuals and manufacturer’s maintenance instructions.
- Consistently document the completion of assigned work orders.
- Set-up / breakdown of power and lighting equipment for exhibits, meetings and banquets. This will involve pushing, pulling and lifting equipment and materials up to 50 lbs.
- Maintain and organize a properly stocked storeroom by keeping an inventory of supplies, parts and equipment manuals to quickly complete repairs.
- Obtains price quotations and fills out requisitions for parts and supplies
- Skill in maintenance aptitude, trade mathematics and trade communications.
- Detailed training on different trades to gain working knowledge to advance in work class when opportunity permits.
- Must be knowledgeable of OSHA work place safety standards which include but are not limited to PPE, ladder safety, lock out tag out, electrical tool safety, etc.
- Visual ability to read manufacturer’s instructions, schematics and blueprints.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and solve customer concerns.
High school diploma required
- 2-3 years of relevant experience required
- Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Must have intermediate computer skills and abilities in Word and & Excel software
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in either written oral, diaram or schedule form.
- Valid driver's license required
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent use of fingers to handle & feel
- Frequent need to climb and balance
- Must be able to have the ability to squat often
- Frequent twisting of upper body required
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs frequently
- Must have close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Color Vision ( ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distance and spatial relationships)
- Ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus
- Peripheral vision ( ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
Visa Requirements: Must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Excellence; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Orchid is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
- Job type
- Waikoloa Village, HI, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible